www.combatsi.com | www.cryingrose.com

Forums
Combat: Samurai Island Website :: Forums :: C:SI Community :: General

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Wave, Taketori and Kodachi
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: Archanox, Ayame Musashi, Esprite Xavier, fhisch, RobbyRacoon Olmstead, KatanaBlade Anubis, Haruko Fukai
Author Post
Azumi Nayar
Sun May 12 2013, 12:17PM
Registered Member #3916
Hello everyone,
personally I can't understand to ban any of the blades (as they are supposed to be all the same, as some say). I would like very much to get all Daikon Katanas back and unbanned.
I and many other do embrace all variities of weapons for c:si.

...a voice in the crowd ...
Kadaj Yoshikawa
Mon May 13 2013, 01:42AM
Registered Member #3896
Taketori and Kodachi are part of C:SI..would you abandon a member of a family? Definitely not!
People have shared memories with those wonderful blades, and your work, as you see, is highly appreciated and rewarded by the entire C:SI community! Can't wait to see them back on the market, and who knows, perhaps new releases in the future :)
JulieAnne Rau
Mon May 13 2013, 07:47AM

Registered Member #107
A personal letter to Robby,

I asked a question but perhaps I should have also told you of my support. I have been in SL for over 6 years now and I found CSI on my 2nd day here. I wanted to find something that was martial arts related since I was heavy into that back then. When I started, CSI was pretty much like it is now. Clans weren’t active but existed and you could spar a few rounds in Edo.

The explosion of CSI was basically due in two parts. The CSI developers got actively creating weapons and a general sense of loyalty in Clans when Domokun gave out 6 homestead SIMs for Clans to start up on. Without the developers getting active at this time, Domo would not have given out the land. I know, I was there from the start.

Robby, I know that in 6 years I have grown up a lot and a lot has happened to you in RL and SL. Your health, your job, your family and of course your unjustified ban in SL. You were one of the most approachable developers in CSI. Answering questions without giving too much away, trying different ideas like a ranking system and being the face of the CSI developers. Everyone felt like you were their best friend here, even me.

I have laughed and cried over this virtual world but I have learnt a lot and I apologize for any hurt that the community, or I, have done. I used to say that I wish I had thicker skin and I think my wish came true. Now I wish it for you. We don’t talk anymore and you don’t even answer my IM’s or emails but that’s OK. I got it! But your contribution should never be second guessed. I have been known to have said that in a virtual world that is run by FPS and ping, game balance will always be an issue. There has always been talk about CSI weapon balance. The distance of the Nagi kick, the prim points of the Bloods, the sliding Musashi blade during a jump, and of course what is an exploit? At one time, the jump kick/slash was considered an exploit.

All three of your weapons are a work of art and love. The animations are clean and a lot of features made these weapons the choice of a lot of us. As I said in my original post, I don’t subscribe to the final outcome of the Wave. That feature I originally described was no different than anything else in a CSI weapon and although I respect your decision to retire it, I don’t think it was the right decision. Now to lose what is currently your final contribution to CSI, is wrong. We would all Love for you to come back to CSI and SL, even if it’s just to say Hi and be that best friend we all miss. I miss you the most.

Julie
Tai Yoshiyuki
Mon May 13 2013, 08:23AM
Registered Member #3627
I think all best things have been said. But I think it is important and want to make a few points.

1. Taketori was my first weapon and I had a long time before I could afford another. People told me early make many copies if it breaks. Many years later and over 20,000 spars I still use my first Taketori. It never breaks and always reliable.

2. Since then I have most weapons but the clean scripts of Taketori brings me back like other people have said. Some that like to use parts of katanas that have animations error to help win make fun of Taketori. I am proud as a Taketori fighter.

3. KatanaBlade has had me help people at the C:Si store for many months now. I think every day someone asks me how to get a Taketori. I said before "marketplace" until I found it was not possible. I know people want it just from sparring against it.

4. I take this chance also to thank you. I agree with Cordelia that kodachi is great in FFA and between both you have provided to me hours of great time. I hope you can get them available again to do the same for other people.
Mellow Winslet
Tue May 14 2013, 04:01AM
Registered Member #3915
Well Entraxx made a group specially for Wave Katana supporters.
He lost his access code and old email so im posting on his behalve.
Entraxx is still a big fan of the wave, was a beta tester and strongly believes the Wave should always have been continued.

It's free to join so if u like to spar with a Wave or like to spar against a wave, are a wave fanatic or whatever, just join ^-^

Tsunami (Wave users)
Link

[ Edited Tue May 14 2013, 04:03AM ]
Tai Yoshiyuki
Tue May 14 2013, 11:32AM
Registered Member #3627
If I could get a wave I would join. It seems it should be available. If some person does not want to fight it then they can say that way.
Pashky Resident
Tue May 14 2013, 11:46AM
Registered Member #3784
READY

Hello Robby, I have not much experience in CSI, but as far as I know, many talk well of your weapons (personally I'm curious of that Wave Katana). I believe the more the weapons the more the fun :) . Thanks for the time you spent to develop them... and for the time you will dedicate to keep them alive ^^

GOOD FIGHT
BOWS
Mellow Winslet
Tue May 14 2013, 12:24PM
Registered Member #3915
I dont have the wave either Tai but the group is not only ment for people who have one, its ment for people who is a supporter.
I like sparring against a wave, especially in my trainindays using a take.
That was something different then usual and a fun challenge so.
Tai Yoshiyuki
Thu May 16 2013, 06:53AM
Registered Member #3627
Mel I saw Extraxx notice today and joined. I have not had much change to spar with a wave, but I like it and could not see why it was banned. I hope it comes back for the many that would like to learn it.
RainO Tenk
Fri May 24 2013, 01:13AM
Registered Member #261
Hell YEZZz :-) i dont need them cheesacakes, but agree to them beers
I am picking up an idea which has been published on news group some days ago, once Daikonforge is back, i will run a daikon tournament at Meiji

so, lets looking forward to this
Beers up Robby

Where others turn and sigh
You shall rise
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF