www.combatsi.com | www.cryingrose.com

Forums
Combat: Samurai Island Website :: Forums :: C:SI Community :: General

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Wave, Taketori and Kodachi
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Archanox, Ayame Musashi, Esprite Xavier, fhisch, RobbyRacoon Olmstead, KatanaBlade Anubis, Haruko Fukai
Author Post
JulieAnne Rau
Thu May 09 2013, 11:24AM

Registered Member #107
Fello CSI's.

Robbyraccon was at one time a CSI developer and created the 3 weapons mentined above and I believe in that order. After a short time, the Wave was retired (that is the word that Robby used) because there was concerns about the weapon. I remember watching Rain and Kasumi demonstrate that the fault in the weapon was the speed. Not so much in a strike but in the return to block. The community instantly banned the weapon from tournaments and anything offical. The main reason that the weapon was banned was that since it wasn't availble to everyone anymore; it shouldn't be used. Of course others may have a variety of other reasons, of which I don't subscribe to.

So now the question is this, since the Taketori and Kodachi are no longer avaiilable to the general public, should they be banned from offical competition also?

[ Edited Fri May 10 2013, 08:47AM ]
RobbyRacoon Olmstead
Thu May 09 2013, 03:49PM

Registered Member #13
I am very interested in hearing feedback on this topic. I have been meaning to update the SL Marketplace listings so that the Taketori and Kodachi would once again be available, but have simply not had the time lately since I've been working 18 hour days with no end in sight. And to be honest, I'm not entirely sure that I want anything to do with Second Life anymore with everything that's happened. If not having the weapons available will cause issues with the C:SI community and there are enough folks that want them to remain available then I will resolve the availability issue as soon as I can find the time. Otherwise, this is probably a good time and opportunity for me to retire from SL completely and permanently. Either way, I look forward to hearing people's thoughts. I hope everyone is having a great day!

[ Edited Thu May 09 2013, 03:57PM ]

JulieAnne Rau
Fri May 10 2013, 08:52AM

Registered Member #107
Just as a side comment, I wrote this question based on a group notice sent out by Cordelia Voix in the WULin group. Which said "The Taketori and Kodachi swords by Robbyraccon Olmstead are discontinued. When i could not find the swords on SL Marketplace. I asked Katanblader Anubis about their status. She sent me this reply:"

"Sorry they are discontinued models" On May 7, 2013
Cordelia Voix
Fri May 10 2013, 02:34PM
Registered Member #3421
Robby, please continue to make available the Taketori and Kodachi swords for purchase in SL. You have a loyal following and many consider your weapons to be the most honest and responsive swords in CSI. ...I posted Katanblade’s reply in the Wulin group because many people were asking me where to buy a Taketori and Kodachi sword. (I receive a lot of requests for your swords from new CSI players.) When I did not see your weapons listed in SL Marketplace, I sent a notecard to you and Katanablade. And I posted Katanablade's reply in the Wulin group (perhaps prematurely but I thought it was official).

As of this post, I have nearly 42,000 spars in CSI and am an active CSI member. I can honestly say that the Kodachis are the best weapon for a FFA or to play Capture the Flag (which my clan does once a week). The Taketori sword is just a pleasure to use. Please make it available for sale in Second Life again. And please, give some weight to my words, for I do still actively spar in CSI and am not someone who left CSI years ago, and is all talk and no spar.

Namaste,

Cordelia Voix
Mellow Winslet
Sat May 11 2013, 05:07AM
Registered Member #3915
Heyas everyone,

This took some time to register but it worked :)

First of all, thank you robby for your great work on daikon forge.
As a newer member to this community i sadly did not have the privelege to purchase the wave katana since it was allready a discontinued item when i joined. Now over 2 and a halve years ago.
In my training days i always loved sparring against the wave. As a frequent Taketori user it was a fun and great challenge when my sensei made me spar against him and his wave. My opinion in this is that the wave would just fit in great along the other different type and brands of csi katana's.

Sure it is a different katana. But all the brands have their pro's and dont's.
Musashi line goes into block really fast after slash, while it will go slower back to block after a first single kick. Just to give an example.
What i noticed with the Taketori and Kodachi is that they dont have alot of bugs and everything seems to run really really smooth. Their actions are scripted greatly along its different animations. Something the other swords sometimes fail in a bit. All swords are just different so. It's about learning the differences and how to use them.
With my HoD or Red Sunset i seem to have an easyer aim then with the taketori, so in that region the taketori is a bit harder to wield.

I hope u can reconsider in bringin the Taketori and Kodachi back Robby. And heck, why not bring the Wave back. Providing is easy, let the community themself decide if they allow it. There are tournaments who dont allow the gotunenko or fists, because of its high impact on other people, making them get stuck after performing certain combo's. Or the Nagi or Bloods, compeltly different weapons even. Those are all available so.

I can understand your motivation dropped alot after all that has happend to u Robby. And no one can blaim u. Everyone who put the amount of time and effort into a hobby like u did, would have had the same.

Ok long post and almost finished here.
I'm pretty sure the reason why they got discontinued was because of the second live marketplace switch from magic boxes to direct delivery, they implemented it some time ago and stopped supporting with it the day your swords also disapeared from the website, maybe im wrong and u did take them off but i just noticed it that day because the Taketori slmp page is my bookmark to login to the second life marketplace.
As a merchant i know how the switch from magic boxes to direct delivery work and it is really really easy. Say a few minute's to install the v2 viewer and another minute to set it too direct delivery.
If u would decide to bring them back and would like some assistance in getting it done id more then happely guide u trough it.

My thoughts and not even all about this lol.
Have a nice day everyone.
RainO Tenk
Sat May 11 2013, 05:57AM
Registered Member #261
Hiyas Everybody

Seems we have to come here more often, had the same issue as mel but finaly found my login data

Usualy its no good idea to wake a sleeping bear, but in this case we all should try
Yes Robby we all would love see your swords back available, we'd go nuts if You would come back and we'd go crazy if you would start building here again

So cmon, forget them silly lindens, they do not count in major anyway
There will always be free beers for You!

Have a good time and dont work to much

Happy rezin and low lag You all
RainO

Where others turn and sigh
You shall rise
RobbyRacoon Olmstead
Sat May 11 2013, 10:37AM

Registered Member #13
I am encouraged that there's been some nice replies already, thanks for those :-)

I am right in the middle of "the crunch", the most time-consuming and arguably most critical part of a product release cycle in my FL job, but will hopefully find more free time to deal with this soon. At the very least I should be able to find the time to relist the Kodachi and Taketori. I am less sure of whether I'll be able to recapture the enthusiasm I once had for content creation, but it's probably significant to note that it's never been far from my mind even with all the BS LL has pulled.

Aleks Piers
Sat May 11 2013, 12:13PM
Registered Member #3796
Pleas keep your swords available for customers Robby. - I own them, haven't really explored them yet and getting them "banned" before as suggested would suck. // I wish you more peace & leasure IRL.
Mellow Winslet
Sun May 12 2013, 04:09AM
Registered Member #3915
Smiles,

That is really fortunate to hear Robby =)

As for your RL job, wow so exciting also, yes the hectic times and.... u know....
Take your time.
Sebastian Qargen
Sun May 12 2013, 11:14AM
Registered Member #3666
Greetings and salutations:

Bring back the Wave, too. And yes, we would sincerely miss the Taketori and Kodachi swords if they vanished from CSI system. I hope they stay in CSI as long as CSI around.

You are solid scriptor, Robby. Don't let knuckleheads detract from the good.

If hell had cheesecake and beer, that's where I go.

Peace out,

[ Edited Sun May 12 2013, 11:25AM ]
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF