www.combatsi.com | www.cryingrose.com

Forums
Combat: Samurai Island Website :: Forums :: C:SI Community :: General

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
the inscrutable mysteries of combos...
Moderators: Archanox, Ayame Musashi, Esprite Xavier, fhisch, RobbyRacoon Olmstead, KatanaBlade Anubis, Haruko Fukai
Author Post
Fionnaigh McLaglen
Thu Nov 27 2008, 05:39AM

Registered Member #231
OK I am really deeply embarrassed to confess that after about 1 year of CSI sparring, I am still unclear about this (among lots of other things!). So can anyone give me the definitive answer to any or all of the following linked questions about combos?

If A starts a combo but immediately hits B's block, A will be stunned (and B will lose some stamina); however…

1) does A’s combo continue anyway?
2) if B counters (say with a kick) while A is stunned, will B risk suffering damage from the rest of A’s combo?
3) does the combo continue to root A to the spot, perhaps allowing B to get a combo in?
4) does any of this vary depending on the weapons?
5) am I the only one who fights better after a major dose of chocolate?

Personally I rarely if ever use combos (one reason I adore the Taketori), but I do get whacked by them from time to time, so it would be good to know what I am up against.

I suppose I should just ask a friend to test all this out with me, but I've run out of choccie...*chokes back a sob of desperation*

JulieAnne Rau
Sat Nov 29 2008, 11:47AM

Registered Member #107
Fionnaigh McLaglen wrote ...

If A starts a combo but immediately hits B's block, A will be stunned (and B will lose some stamina); however…

2) if B counters (say with a kick) while A is stunned, will B risk suffering damage from the rest of A’s combo?
3) does the combo continue to root A to the spot, perhaps allowing B to get a combo in?

Personally I rarely if ever use combos (one reason I adore the Taketori), but I do get whacked by them from time to time, so it would be good to know what I am up against.

No, I have tested this with the Tak, Ji-Geon and Sun... they all stop the combo sequence once they are stunned reguardless if it is a auto-combo or trible combo. Or just a double strike, in the case of the Tak. During testing, I have let the first strike in, of an triple combo, and blocked the second strike and the combo sequence stops.

No, as I have mentioned the combo stops completely. The animations do not continue if you have stunned your opponent so there is no damage to be taken during that stun period.

No, the stunned avatar can move or block.

Not based on the 3 weapons I have choosen to test

I have never tested this. I can't even remember what chocolate tastes like :)

JulieAnne

[ Edited Mon Dec 01 2008, 01:10PM ]
RobbyRacoon Olmstead
Sat Nov 29 2008, 12:54PM

Registered Member #13
GAH!!! I read the original post when I was at work, and meant to post a response when I got home, but I forgot :(

Thanks for the response JulieAnne!

Fionnaigh McLaglen
Sun Nov 30 2008, 04:17PM

Registered Member #231
Thanks JulieAnne, that's really helpful - too bad about the chocolate though.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF