www.combatsi.com | www.cryingrose.com

Forums
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Archanox, Ayame Musashi, Esprite Xavier, fhisch, RobbyRacoon Olmstead, KatanaBlade Anubis, Haruko Fukai
Author Post
Shindo Otsuka
Thu Apr 17 2008, 08:29AM
Registered Member #823
I know it's new and I'm not complaining about anything. I just thought this would be easier for Robby to "look back" and review some things about the Taketori.

I was wondering if anyone else "freezes" during a fight. It may be just me since I'm not one of more better fighters. :p But, when i'm in mouse look, I see my left hand open and in front of me and not being able to move. If this is a stun... Sweet! But, yeah, I get tore up while in this "stuck" time and the other person can get two to three hits one me. O_O! lol Again, it just may be me. :p

Side note: I love this katana!!! Sooo smexy!

Let's have a play date with our swords! >:D

Link
JulieAnne Rau
Thu Apr 17 2008, 08:44AM

Registered Member #107
I have noticed this, just last night but I think its because I was key mashing. ie: tap W key 3-4 time then tap D key 3-4 time then tap W key again 3-4 times. I tried this in my poor attempt to autocombo without waiting for the animations to finish. When I did this, the first animation went off but then my avatar froze for a half a sec or so. This may have something to do with the logic that Robby has but into the sword to ensure key recognition. I suspect that when you mash keys, the logic is confused. Anyways, its just speculation. I'll let Robby continue with the correct answer.

JulieAnne
RobbyRacoon Olmstead
Thu Apr 17 2008, 08:54AM

Registered Member #13
First of all, let me say that you don't have to wait for the animation to finish before starting the next attack, if you hold down the "next attack" key until it fires. This allows you to be a little more relaxed on timing.

As to the freezing, I've not personally noticed more than I see with any sword, and had assumed that it was due to one of SL's many quirks, but I will absolutely look into it! Please encourage anyone else who's seeing this to post about their experiences, so I can try to see what they have in common.

Malachi Rothschild
Thu Apr 17 2008, 09:31AM
Registered Member #104
A quick jump slash seemed a little slow to me. When I tried to jump kick and then kick a second time in the air, the second kick didn't register.

A good katana fight is like a good conversation.

It's deeply engaging, reciprocal
and it flows smoothly.

Kenshin Sonoda
Sun Apr 27 2008, 10:56AM

Registered Member #15
I rarely Post on Discussion forum.
But it happens that I actually took the Taketori as my main sword.
I feel like to post my two cents about it.
What i like alot is its smooth anim, its very reactive ( at the beginning) and its not autos combos.
Lately I've noticed something.
when im sparing someone, its become less reactive as i fight.
At the beginning its ok, after 3-4 spars still ok but more it become less and less responsive.
At the end i have to press 3-4 times the same keys to actually see something happens, its feel like there is a buffer that keep filling up while sparing and when its almost full the sword doesnt respond.
I dont know if the memory cache have something to do with it. I did'nt try to relog to empty it.
Today (april 27th) i was fighting on Daydream Island Sw the Taketori didnt respond at all. I had to change sword.
I hope that im not alone with that problem.
t
RobbyRacoon Olmstead
Sun Apr 27 2008, 01:44PM

Registered Member #13
That's the first I've heard of that particular issue, actually... Does anyone else you know (or anyone else reading the forums) have that happen also?

Shindo Otsuka
Mon Apr 28 2008, 08:28AM
Registered Member #823
Never noticed it. I tend to fight in laggy areas so, I would think it normal. Maybe the sim you were fighting in was getting more laggy? I'll talk to people and see what i come up with. Actually, it seems that the Taketori has been greatly improved. *shrugs* I will try to let you know tomorrow. :p

Link
Kenshin Sonoda
Mon Apr 28 2008, 10:35AM

Registered Member #15
Mitsurugi Tedeschi has the same problem
And no it wasnt laggy :/ ping and fps was good :)
Kenshin Sonoda
Thu May 01 2008, 02:19AM

Registered Member #15
I dont know if it happens to alot of people but with the new the 1.05 version
I keep dashing, i waste all my stam in no time.
Shindo Otsuka
Thu May 01 2008, 07:14AM
Registered Member #823
Still not getting that. I also, haven't heard anything from anyone else either. It has been quite in the sims lately though... Stupid good weather and people going outside to have fun. What has become of the world?!

Link
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF