www.combatsi.com | www.cryingrose.com

Forums
Combat: Samurai Island Website :: Forums :: C:SI Community :: General

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
The Sizuka and New People
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Archanox, Ayame Musashi, Esprite Xavier, fhisch, RobbyRacoon Olmstead, KatanaBlade Anubis, Haruko Fukai
Author Post
Makkiavelli Toland
Thu Apr 17 2008, 11:06AM
Registered Member #69
Why do you think so many people who're new to combat:si pick up the sizuka naru shi?

hehe.. yeah, and the first thing they'll hear is that they picked up a weapon thats weaker than katana and nagi. (/me wonders how they perform against ninjaken and BD...)

so these poor guys run back to SI to get weapon for "serious" sparring ^^

Malachi Rothschild
Thu Apr 17 2008, 11:12AM
Registered Member #104
I honestly think the sizuka has been overlooked. I saw moondance use it well once and I've been trying to pick it up. I think it's a more defensive weapon like the nagi and similarly requires a lot of timing. One of the bigger differences between the two that I see is that with the sizuka the damage is spread out over the length of the entire attack. I still get the sense it's generally weaker than some of the other weapons but I still think that with practice, in the right hands, it can be a very effective weapon.

A good katana fight is like a good conversation.

It's deeply engaging, reciprocal
and it flows smoothly.

Malachi Rothschild
Thu Apr 17 2008, 11:14AM
Registered Member #104
On BD:

it's interesting to spar with them vs BD. BD lose stam faster and sizuka drain stam. However once the BD user was used to sparring with them vs the sizuka, while stam may go low, it's rarely if ever drained. But it does make the special impossible.

A good katana fight is like a good conversation.

It's deeply engaging, reciprocal
and it flows smoothly.

Colin Kiernan
Thu Apr 17 2008, 04:34PM
Registered Member #166
I have trouble fighting against the sizuka. I think the "kick" animation for it is too similar to slashes (or maybe too different from normal kicks), so I can't react as quickly. They also drain stamina like there's no tomorrow. I remember when it first came out it was gaining a reputation for being unbalanced and people were refusing to fight against them, I think that discouraged people from using it.

[ Edited Thu Apr 17 2008, 04:35PM ]
Lake Huet
Mon Apr 21 2008, 06:42AM
Registered Member #1396
I bought the Duals as a noob, because i was aware of the legendary Musashi, and the historical significance of the Dual swords. They are still a sentimental fave.

And the Nagi ain't the weapon it was without the kick/push. Nagi vs kat is just a boring fighting retreat now.

All the noobs desperate for a kill seem to be going for the taketori these days. New =
perceived advantage.
Shindo Otsuka
Thu Apr 24 2008, 08:29AM
Registered Member #823
Yeah, first off. People only buy the duals as a nob because, it looks cool. "Check me out! I have TWO swords to your one..." No one really uses them. I do find them to be awesome in a free for all match though. I've used them in every one I've been in to date. I don't think they are a great weapon to use in normal combat. I understand that they are slower than your regular katana (cause you're swinging two swords) BUT, I think they should stay as strong as a normal katana. Why? 'Cause they're slow! XD I haven't tryed it but, I will this week. I'm pretty sure I can get two swings off a katana at the same rate as two hits (one swing) from the duals. Will that change things? Will Ayame do something about that? Nope! But, hey, it's nice to dream right? :) Everyone's got problems with every sword and everyone has their "magicial" weapon of choice. I still think some *nudge nudge* are unbalanced but, with new weapons soming out I'm sure there will be a new "unbalanced" weapon people like us can complain about. :)

Let's have a play date with our swords! >:D

Link
Cyphre Iredell
Mon Sep 08 2008, 12:04AM
Registered Member #2042
Malachi Rothschild wrote ...
I've heard from some folks that they didn't realize the bd sign was a vendor for a weapon, from other people that they couldn't find the bd vendor.

Hahahah! I am definitely one of those people!
RainO Tenk
Fri Mar 06 2009, 05:50AM
Registered Member #261
hmmmm
when i was new to c:si i bought em cause i thought its more steel for the money :-))))
shindo spar with crystal - dam good sizuka fighter, realy skilled with doubles
but yes im not using em lately
Cyphre - you wont be able to
i meassured sizuka with 5 hits per second max, no single hand katana is able to do so
youre lucky if you make 2

[ Edited Fri Mar 06 2009, 05:54AM ]

Where others turn and sigh
You shall rise
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF