www.combatsi.com | www.cryingrose.com

Forums
Combat: Samurai Island Website :: Forums :: C:SI Community :: General

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
The Sizuka and New People
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Archanox, Ayame Musashi, Esprite Xavier, fhisch, RobbyRacoon Olmstead, KatanaBlade Anubis, Haruko Fukai
Author Post
Malachi Rothschild
Sat Apr 05 2008, 09:37AM
Registered Member #104
Why do you think so many people who're new to combat:si pick up the sizuka naru shi? I think there are a few factors.

1. I started reading a book about the psychology of persuasion. If someone is purchasing an item they're unfamiliar with, they're more likely to purchase something that's a little more expensive based on the assumption that a higher price equals a better quality item. in the same way I've seen some new people with the blood drinkers, but I think those are purchased by the new folks less frequently due to their presentation. I've heard from some folks that they didn't realize the bd sign was a vendor for a weapon, from other people that they couldn't find the bd vendor.

2. The display for the weapon is very prominent compared to the rest of the weapons on ayame's wall.

3. It's dual wield so it's gotta totally pwn and I bet it looks badass too.

A good katana fight is like a good conversation.

It's deeply engaging, reciprocal
and it flows smoothly.

Shindo Otsuka
Sat Apr 05 2008, 12:11PM
Registered Member #823
Dude! Are you serious? It's cause the duals are totally BA looking! When I saw them, I was like,"Two katanas? Double the damage and double the cool!" Of course they were not my first weapon and I sucked with them. I only use them in King of the hill matches and we know how often that happens. (I hope more often soon!)

Let's have a play date with our swords! >:D

Link
Esprite Xavier
Sat Apr 05 2008, 01:42PM

Registered Member #12
Because they are awesome weapons, dual wielding ftw!
JulieAnne Rau
Sat Apr 05 2008, 02:38PM

Registered Member #107
RobbyRacoon Olmstead wrote ...

There are currently over fifteen thousand people who have used C:SI swords in a duel in the last year, and less than 3% of those people are hard-core fighters. Maybe not even 1%. The vast majority of C:SI customers most likely have less than 50 fights *a month*, and that might be overestimating things.

I think it's safe to assume that most people who buy C:SI weapons actually prefer that there are 15 combat animations rather than 3, and it's that majority that makes it possible to afford web hosting for the grid-wide scoring system and forums, etc.

So, using this quote from Robby, it is save to say Esprite is corect... I may even say bad-ass. But dont quote me!

JulieAnne
Malachi Rothschild
Sat Apr 05 2008, 05:03PM
Registered Member #104
JulieAnne Rau wrote ...

... I may even say bad-ass. But dont quote me!

mwa ha ha ha ha

and it flows smoothly.

Shindo Otsuka
Sun Apr 06 2008, 11:26AM
Registered Member #823
duals, ninjaken and blood drinkers = skills!

nagi = noob!

XD :p

Link
Malachi Rothschild
Sun Apr 06 2008, 02:46PM
Registered Member #104
Shindo.

If I'm hearing you correctly, I think what you're trying to say is that it's possible to do well with the nagi without as much skill as is required to master the sizuka, ninjaken or bd and I think you're very right. I also think that there's a difference between someone who has mastered the nagi and someone who hasn't, and that some of the previous weapons can create bad habits in people new to the system. For example, I think the ninjaken can at times lead newer people to button mash more frequently. I think the blood drinkers, because it's a lot more to learn at first, can lead to more random key combinations rather than planned ones.

[ Edited Sun Apr 06 2008, 02:47PM ]

and it flows smoothly.

Esprite Xavier
Sun Apr 06 2008, 05:08PM

Registered Member #12
/me remembers when people complained the Nagi was too weak and underpowered...
Kasumi Hashi
Mon Apr 07 2008, 02:40AM
Registered Member #32
Hehe! Because back then it was!

Kasumi Hashi's C:SI Blog
Shindo Otsuka
Mon Apr 07 2008, 08:29AM
Registered Member #823
The Naginata was weak at one point? lol Yesh Malachi, that was what I meant. I could rant and rave on it but why? I said all I wanted to about it. People fight with Naginatas. I guess I just have to fight them with one too. Did anyone notice at the 3 vs 3 tourney that we (Golgotha) and Tendai had two of our players have Naginatas? Who were in the finals again? I still <3 the Ninjaken though. I need to practice more with them. *clumsily picks up Ninjaken* OOOOOORAH! XD

Link
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF