www.combatsi.com | www.cryingrose.com

Forums
Combat: Samurai Island Website :: Forums :: C:SI Community :: Off-Topic

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Anti-Naginata fan club!
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: Archanox, Ayame Musashi, Esprite Xavier, fhisch, RobbyRacoon Olmstead, KatanaBlade Anubis, Haruko Fukai
Author Post
Atrus Westland
Sat Apr 05 2008, 11:53AM

Registered Member #633
*Snaps fingers together rhythmically*

Oooo Yeah I can dig it.
Shindo Otsuka
Sat Apr 05 2008, 12:13PM
Registered Member #823
Can you dig? (We can dig it!) Can ya'll dig it?! (Yeah we dig it!) Whooooo!

Let's have a play date with our swords! >:D

Link
Shindo Otsuka
Mon Apr 28 2008, 08:36AM
Registered Member #823
So, one night Lynkis and myself decided to do some tests of our own on the Naginata. Here is what we found.
1. The kick has the same range... Does the Naginata magically make your legs longer?
2. The W key is about as fast as a katana... Katana speed + more damage?

You may think because I hate the Nagi that I may be just looking for problems. That is why I have Lynkis helping me. He LOOOVES the Nagi. Balance it out. I do however think it is funny that after this test, Lynkis switched to the Ninjaken. :p (Maybe BD's later.)

Muahahhahahahahha

P.S. I <3's Arch! Don't hate me. XD

Link
Colin Kiernan
Mon Apr 28 2008, 10:29AM
Registered Member #166
Hibiki tested the kick on me a couple months ago and it seemed to be the same range as a katana slash.
Esprite Xavier
Tue Apr 29 2008, 03:07PM

Registered Member #12
Kick has the same range as the katana slash, the naginatas range changes based on the attack that is being done. According to Arch the sound is a giveaway as to what the range of the attack is.
Atrus Westland
Wed Apr 30 2008, 11:16AM

Registered Member #633
Testing earlier today and kicks seem to register at 3M rather than 2m like the katanas
Shindo Otsuka
Wed Apr 30 2008, 11:59AM
Registered Member #823
Kick does not have the same range as katana. Zero, Lynkis and I retested using 5 blocks (1.0 each) and a range reader. The kick is at 3m no matter what.

Link
Kasumi Hashi
Wed Apr 30 2008, 02:28PM
Registered Member #32
"Kick has the same range as the katana slash, the naginatas range changes based on the attack that is being done. According to Arch the sound is a giveaway as to what the range of the attack is."

That hasn't been the case in practice for about a year now. All it takes to verify this is the numerous kicks from the Nagi that are out of range of the kat slash and cant be countered. Maybe the "bug" people were reporting of the kick being the same as the kat range is just a rare instance of it working correctly.

Kasumi Hashi's C:SI Blog
RobbyRacoon Olmstead
Wed Apr 30 2008, 07:57PM

Registered Member #13
I just tested this on Meiji using a custom non-phys vehicle that allowed me to precisely set the range between me and the attacker, and my tests showed that the nagi has a kick range of 3.8 meters. Contrast that with the Taketori, which showed a range of 2.8 meters (it's scripted to have a range of 2.5 meters, btw) and it was clearly longer.

[ Edited Wed Apr 30 2008, 07:57PM ]

Esprite Xavier
Wed Apr 30 2008, 08:30PM

Registered Member #12
Kasumi Hashi wrote ...

"Kick has the same range as the katana slash, the naginatas range changes based on the attack that is being done. According to Arch the sound is a giveaway as to what the range of the attack is."

That hasn't been the case in practice for about a year now. All it takes to verify this is the numerous kicks from the Nagi that are out of range of the kat slash and cant be countered. Maybe the "bug" people were reporting of the kick being the same as the kat range is just a rare instance of it working correctly.

Thats certainly a possiblity, mostly I was going on the information arch told me as to the way it was scripted, if there are differences between the actual range and the scripted range, possibility of another bug. I know arch is taking a look on the balance and bugs related to the Nagi and ways to further balance it, the same way I'm taking a look at the Ninjaken.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF