www.combatsi.com | www.cryingrose.com

Forums
Combat: Samurai Island Website :: Forums :: C:SI Community :: General

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Tainted weekly stats
Moderators: Archanox, Ayame Musashi, Esprite Xavier, fhisch, RobbyRacoon Olmstead, KatanaBlade Anubis, Haruko Fukai
Author Post
Shindo Otsuka
Mon Mar 31 2008, 08:45AM
Registered Member #823
a while ago I had a clan leader come to me and ask how our clan had so many fights in one week because, we're so new. The leader asked if we had people from other clans in ours. i told that person that we did but, it was under a visitor tag. Now, I'm not one to care about numbers but, I was curious how they affected our score. One day I booted EVERYONE that wasn't an official member just to find out. Oddly enough they didn't really add to the score. However, I can see why people would find this problematic. People train hard and numbers are important to some. So are the weekly clan stats even worth it? I mean is it fair to those that really have worked had that week to just see a clan that has way more spars due to nonofficial members? *shrugs* Again, though I'm not into scores, i found myself thinking about this a lot since then. I'm just wondering what other people think about it.

Let's have a play date with our swords! >:D

Link
RobbyRacoon Olmstead
Mon Mar 31 2008, 09:08AM

Registered Member #13
I discussed this problem in my "Y'all are messing up my counts!" post on my blog.

The numbers are indeed tainted by the fact that most, if not all, clans have members with multiple clan membership. And as the process is not fully automated at this point, your booting everyone out of the guest role is not sufficient to show a difference in the counts. Once the clan membership is entered into the database, it is only periodically synchronized with the in-world groups, so if we have determined that there are 1000 people in Golgotha today and you boot everyone out tomorrow, we will still be tracking those 1000 people as Golgotha members until the next synchronization.

Linden Lab has not given us really great tools for synchronizing such data programatically, but I am working on a way to do so using the tools we have. The problem is, I only have so much time available for such pursuits. I will resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Until then, I don't see the point in anyone getting worked up over weekly stats. Are they "worth it"? Well, they are not an official measure of anything whatsoever, they are just provided for those in the community who are interested in such things, so that's a decision people have to make for themselves.

Shindo Otsuka
Mon Mar 31 2008, 09:12AM
Registered Member #823
O_O! I did not know that. Ah well. XD I'm not looking for a "fix" 'cause, I don't think anything is broken. Just more of a curious what people think kinda thing. Don't worry about silly things like this. Get some more weapons out so I can buy them dang it! lol

Let's have a play date with our swords! >:D

Link

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF