www.combatsi.com | www.cryingrose.com

Forums
Combat: Samurai Island Website :: Forums :: Support :: Support

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
HUD inventory?
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Archanox, Ayame Musashi, Esprite Xavier, fhisch, RobbyRacoon Olmstead, KatanaBlade Anubis, Haruko Fukai
Author Post
Slegiar Dryke
Tue Jan 22 2008, 04:08PM
Registered Member #785
hi. i'm new to the use of the hud and swords. although i have most of it all figured out, the only things that confuse me are:

1: the inventory. though i looked around the sim that the store i got the swords were in a little, i saw nothing about items or the like. don't know if i missed them or if they are something different entirely.

and 2: the under development parts. i think this may have been asked before, but what do those parts signify? i know the history is of deaths and kills and such, but the options one is the main confusion for me in this case.

any help with either of these questions would be greatly appricated.
Esprite Xavier
Tue Jan 22 2008, 08:44PM

Registered Member #12
The under development parts were really to meant to give a sneak peak and teaser as to the direction we wanted to take the system in the future, though they might not be exactly as we intended when fully implemented.

As for the inventory items, in Samurai Edo there are pots as well as boxes and other things that can drop items such as kunai and potions that can be used during duels, though its rare for people to do so.
Slegiar Dryke
Wed Jan 23 2008, 04:32AM
Registered Member #785
ah ^^ i see now. thanks for the help ^^
JulieAnne Rau
Thu Jan 24 2008, 02:08PM

Registered Member #107
Esprite Xavier wrote ...

As for the inventory items, in Samurai Edo there are pots as well as boxes and other things that can drop items such as kunai and potions that can be used during duels, though its rare for people to do so.

----------------------------------------------------
And just as a side note, it is considered 'cheating' in most C:SI circles to use inventory items such as HP increase potions, Stamina increase Potions and the throughing weapon that can be housed in your inventory, during a duel. Personally I have never seen anyone use them during a duel however, I have seen them being used during role playing.

JulieAnne

[ Edited Thu Jan 24 2008, 02:08PM ]
RobbyRacoon Olmstead
Thu Jan 24 2008, 05:13PM

Registered Member #13
I have no qualms whatsoever using them in a duel when I encounter an opponent who runs away for 10 seconds after each slash, though :) I ran across a guy like this a couple days ago, and after about a minute of his "get hit and run" tactics I just started hammering him with kunai :)

The stamina potions in particular are very useful, even necessary, during Master's Treasure competitions which are often held after official tournaments. In these cases, though, they are often freely distributed and available for use.

Slegiar Dryke
Thu Jan 24 2008, 06:45PM
Registered Member #785
is it possible to hold onto items outside of the sim?
RobbyRacoon Olmstead
Thu Jan 24 2008, 08:17PM

Registered Member #13
Yes, any objects that are in your C:SI Inventory are available in any sim.

JulieAnne Rau
Fri Jan 25 2008, 09:37AM

Registered Member #107
RobbyRacoon Olmstead wrote ...

I have no qualms whatsoever using them in a duel when I encounter an opponent who runs away for 10 seconds after each slash, though :) I ran across a guy like this a couple days ago, and after about a minute of his "get hit and run" tactics I just started hammering him with kunai :)

-------------------------------------------------------

:0
Well, perhaps I can suggest a better method? Finish off the match as best you can and thank them for the Spars. Two things will happen, either they thank-you back and wander away or they ask why your stopping. When that happens I usually tell them the truth, that is... "I realize that hit and run is a tactic and I can appreciate that but I find it frustrating to spar you if you continue to have me chase you around the SIM, especially if I think you are low. Good Luck". Then I make a note in there Note section of there Profile saying this person is a "Rabbit" and do not spar them unless you can accept that tactic.

JulieAnne

[ Edited Fri Jan 25 2008, 09:40AM ]
Malachi Rothschild
Fri Jan 25 2008, 10:21AM
Registered Member #104
I've done pretty much the same thing as JulieAnne in the past. I don't mind a bit of movement so long as the person spends at least as much time running at me as running from me. If my opponent's running away to the point that, were I to stop chasing them, we wouldn't be on each other much at all, I'll stop after that spar or a couple and tell them why should they inquire.

Before I get to that point I'll usually stay back in the spar away from them to goad them into a more aggressive tack.

A good katana fight is like a good conversation.

It's deeply engaging, reciprocal
and it flows smoothly.

RobbyRacoon Olmstead
Fri Jan 25 2008, 11:25AM

Registered Member #13
JulieAnne Rau wrote ...
Finish off the match as best you can and thank them for the Spars

------------------------------------------

Therein lies the problem, though... In the specific case I was referring to above, and in several others that were similar, there is no normal way to finish off the match. Literally every time they take damage they run away long enough to be at 100% before I can close the distance again.

I understand your point, and it's surely valid, but I still feel fully justified throwing kunai at someone like that :) Most of the time, though, I just get bored and sheath my sword and walk off the mat. I mean, really, that's just not fun for anyone.

[ Edited Fri Jan 25 2008, 11:26AM ]

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF